The expression ‘you get what you pay for‘ rings very true in the solar industry, and with SunPower you are getting the very best solar system money can buy.
SunPower panels consistently deliver more energy than conventional panels and offer long-term peace of mind. These high energy producing, most efficient and reliable solar panels, are fully guaranteed by a 25-year combined product and performance warranty.
Sunpower Solar Panels – An industry benchmark
It’s a fact: solar panels from SunPower produce the most energy of all solar panels on the market per meter square installed. Since SunPower solar panels are so efficient, you can make the most of your roof space to produce significantly more electricity.
What does this mean for you? Highly efficient SunPower solar panels generate more energy over the lifetime of your system than other panels. Compared to other technologies, SunPower converts the greatest percentage of sunlight into electricity. This means that over the lifetime of your system, you’ll generate more electricity and save more money on your electricity bills.
Not only are SunPower solar panels the most powerful and efficient on the market, they’re also the best-looking. Thanks to the exclusive SunPower® Maxeon Cell Technology , SunPower panels have no grid lines and blend harmoniously into the roof of your home. Backed by the industry’s best warranty, Sunpower solar panels combine brains, brawn and beauty to provide the most efficient, renewable solar energy.
SunPower® E20 Series
Maximum efficiency solar panels
SunPower has introduced a new series of panels that takes the advantages of high efficiency solar technology to another level. The new SunPower E20 series sets a new standard for solar, achieving record panel efficiencies of over 20%.
- Highest efficiency panels available on the market today, including the world’s first 20% efficiency panel.
- Maximum performance: The panels that make up the new E20 Series are compatible withtransformer-less (TL) Inverters. This means that SunPower superior panel performance can now be matched with the highest performing inverters, maximising system output.
- New Positive power tolerance rating: with the SunPower E20 Series you can be assured that you will always get the power you have paid for… or more.
The patented SunPower® Maxeon™ cell technology sets the standard for solar performance and reliability, enabling up to 50% more power than conventional solar panels and up to a 3 times more reliable performance. Maxeon solar cells hold the world efficiency record of up to 24%.
- Guaranteed Performance: The new line of SunPower solar panels is backed by the same industry-leading warranty as the rest of our product offering.
Up to 50% more efficient than conventional solar panels and up to 3 times better reliability. Maxeon cells hold the world efficiency record of 24 percent.
Superior solar panel electricity production
Solar systems are often described in terms of the amount of power they are capable of producing in a given instant (measured in watts or kilowatts). The most important factor to take into account when comparing residential solar systems, however, is the amount of actual electricity the system is expected to generate during its lifetime (measured in kilowatt-hours). When compared to other brands, SunPower® high efficiency solar panels produce the most electricity in a wide range of conditions over the lifetime of the solar system.
More power means fewer panels
With SunPower solar panels you can install more power in the same amount of space than with other panels—up to 50% more than conventional designs and up to four times more than thin-film solar. Since sunpower solar systems require significantly less roof space, you can use fewer panels to produce the same amount of clean, renewable solar power. With fewer solar panels you can also maximise your roof space to choose the best, unobstructed location for electricity production.
More electricity in real-world conditions
- SunPower panels outperform others early in the morning, late in the day, and on cloudy days.
- They perform better at high temperatures than others. Because they’re more efficient at converting light into electricity (and not heat), the hotter it gets outside, the better they perform compared to the competition.
- They maintain efficiency during initial break-in. Most panels lose 3% efficiency when first exposed to sunlight. Not SunPower.
Reliability and quality
The unique design of the Maxeon cell makes SunPower panels almost impervious to corrosion and extreme hot or cold temperature cycles. For every million SunPower panels installed only 27 have been returned under warranty.
Independent tests confirm SunPower produces the most electricity
Universities and independent research laboratories around the world compared the performance of solar panels from SunPower against other technologies. In each case, SunPower solar panels were the clear leader.
Highest efficiency – more watts per square metre ( less panels required for your home )
Highest power production – more energy produced per rated watt ( more savings for you )
The SunPower® 25-year combined warranty
A premium warranty to match the technology
SunPower is proud to offer a warranty as efficient and dependable as our technology. In the unlikely event you have an under-performing panel, SunPower will work with our partners to repair or replace and install it. With SunPower it’s as simple as a phone call.
By combining power and product coverage in one warranty, we’ve eliminated concern about the difference between manufacturing defects and power output. We give you one combined warranty, with no fine print.
If an issue ever arises with your solar panels, simply contact Sunpower. Whether you work with a partner or contact SunPower directly, we will go above and beyond to restore your system as quickly as possible.
- The solar industry’s first 25 year product and power coverage
- Coverage of warranty replacement costs*
- Financial stability and product reliability to back our commitment
- More lifetime energy: 9.1% above the industry standard
- More power: at least 95% of the minimum peak power for the first five years
- Less than 0.4% annual degradation for the subsequent 20 years
- With over 7 million panels installed, less than 180 have not met our performance standards**
- Our global network of more than 2,000 highly trained partners are available to serve you
- Our long-term financial stability ensures we will be there for you for many years to come
- Being backed by SunPower gives you the peace of mind to know that your solar panels are built with SunPower Maxeon™ solar cells and durable materials designed to withstand harsh conditions for decades. The SunPower combined warranty represents our pledge to you that our panels are the best you can buy.
Why Sunpower? Sunpower Consumer Guide
SunPower E20 / 327 residential solar panel with 20.1% efficiency (PDF)
SunPower limited warranty for PV modules (PDF)
Sunpower Success Story Western Australia – Apartments Augusta
Case Study: Sunpower Success Story
SunPower® panels lift energy savings in 18 new Western Australian apartments
|Location||Augusta, Western Australia|
|System size:||27 kWp|
|Number of Panels:||126|
|Covered Surface Area:||151 m2|
- Supplies about 50% of each apartment’s electricity
- Saves each apartment owner AU$ 346 per year
- Saves 45 tonnes per year of CO2 for all 18 apartments
- Gives the apartments great buyer appeal
Seine Bay Apartments Augusta, Western Australia April 2009
“ Just 7 SunPower panels do the job of 12 ordinary panels, so we could group the panels on one side of each roof and make it all look very attractive. ”
– James ChallisSeine Bay Pty Ltd
SunPower® Partner network
the best in the business
SunPower solar installers offer superior service and professional expertise to homeowners around the world. They are the local expert you can turn to for a turn-key SunPower solution tailored to your energy needs and financial objectives.
SunPower installers comply with a stringent set of service standards and have gone through the most up-to-date training. Their full service ranges from system design, installation and maintenance. Your local SunPower installer will take care of everything.